On behalf of the AIDS Awareness Week committee, and all the staff here at the Regional HIV/AIDS Connection, I’m writing this message to convey a big thank-you for your individual and collective volunteer contributions!
With your help we managed to exceed our initial goal of 400 by an additional 113 scarves, reaching a grand total of 513…and they are still rolling in!
Our Executive Director Brian Lester has said “…We cannot effectively serve the RHAC mission without the dedication of our dynamic volunteers.” Without a doubt this rings true in relation to each of you. Your help has truly been invaluable in underpinning the huge success of this year’s Red Scarf Project, raising HIV/AIDS awareness and supporting the mission of “Getting to Zero”! - Zero new HIV infections, Zero discrimination and Zero AIDS-related deaths.
Some 2013 Red Scarf Project Success Highlights:
· 100+ volunteer ‘knitters’: 97 individual knitters and 11 community group contributions
· High impact public scarf art installations and handouts throughout London, Stratford and Woodstock …see pictures and ‘by the numbers’ below.
· Clients of our partner agencies got to share in the warmth ….scarves were distributed to My Sisters Place, At^Lohsa, Unity Project, and The Mission.
· Over 3000 red ribbons were concurrently distributed to the general public
· Strong media coverage (TV and print)… helping to effectively spread the message further across the regions.
Thanks once again!
Community Relations Coordinator