Monday, September 13, 2010

Sew-A-Thon fundraiser this Friday in NOTL



On Friday I will be heading to Jane's in Niagara on the Lake for a sew-a-thon fundraiser to raise money for our Humanitarian Mission to NIcaragua in January. Jane has nicknamed it a Pad Party as we will be
sewing (assembly line style) sanitary pads for the women in the village where we will be teaching. These women lack the daily necessities that we in Canada take for granted and believe me we take sanitary pads for granted!

Jane hopes to arrive in the village with 3 pads per women so we are going to be sewing all night long! The sewers are collection pledges for the evening either a dollar amount, per hour amount or even per pad completed amount. If you would like to sponsor our evening, just let me know!

For those who don't know Jane, she is so full of life and always happy and encouraging. I know she will make this night so much fun and full of laughs. Get ready for a sew-a-thon to remember! Here is a link to her info: JANE'S BLOG

Will post a recap when I get home on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kristyn I can't wait, you are so great with your words, thanks for the perfect write up. We will have fun, fun, fun!!! I'll talk to you probably a thousand times before Friday :) don't forget the Spanish Music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is packed, and hopefully all my sewing supplies too. Let me know what I need to bring on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete