Thursday, May 13, 2010

IPM Quilt Show Entry


Well it is the night before I hand in my entry for the IPM Quilt show later this month. I bought the quilt top from Quilts and Calicos and then it was up to me to do the machine quilting! I have clipped threads, picked lint and pressed and starched until I think it is ready to go. Now I have cold feet about the whole entry idea. Each colour of fabric in the star has a different design and the cream corners were the perfect area to do some freehand feathers. I spent about 2 weeks drawing and redrawing the feather areas and then marked them so that I could then quilt. It took me 6 days to quilt the top during the March Break and then a few hours here and there to do the binding, sleeve and finishing touches. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on the show later in May.

2 comments: