Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Double Wedding Ring Quilt





I just love quilting feathers and the double wedding ring quilt is the perfect design to showcase MANY, MANY feathers. In the rings I quilted a continuous curve design and then in the white background you can see the feathers. My eyes are going a little buggy as this is the 3rd day of working on this quilt. I think I will be dreaming about feathers tonight again!

Just finished it and posted the photo of the back of the quilt so you can see all of the quilting. LOVE IT!

6 comments:

  1. Wow....that is gorgeous! Your design is perfect, in keeping with the era of the quilt. Way to go Kristyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty pretty. I have one of these up next on my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am in the process of getting my fabric together to make a double wedding ring quilt for my son and his fiance for a wedding gift. This is going to be my first attempt at a quilt of this magnitude. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and I can only hope mine comes out half as beautiful.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making one right now and I love your quilting design. I think it's so gorgeous that I may it that way, of course, I need to do a ton of feathers for practice first. LOL

    ReplyDelete